Saturday, March 21, 2015

Back in Black

Make no mistake
It's no mask
I put back on
It's the truer me
I tread upon
A cloak of darkness
That few see
Surrounding me
In shadowy
Vapor wisps
Funeral attire
For the past
That provided no
Faithful sire
Thorny black rose
Tossed in the dirt
For all the senseless hurt
Bury it
But you can't bury me

Words thrown
Like a thinkless stone
Emotional warfare
Cannons blasting
Without care

A cloak of darkness
In the black of night
As I tread quietly
From the fight
A tongue riddled with scar tissue
From the constant biting back of words
In the midst of thieving herds
I wrap the black
To somehow
Win me back

If you cannot see me now
You never will
I provide my own
Ceremonium
Paranormal pandemonium
Where the black covers me
In a shield
To walk
Where few dare to go
And fewer still
Know

2 comments:

  1. Moving, powerful and sharply written. Very very good indeed.

    NE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete