Thursday, December 25, 2014

Mausoleum Meditation

Light my candle
Hang it high
In the cement walls
Shut the door
Let me crouch down low
Count the cracks in the floor
The Hell Hound is cackling again
So damn sure
He's gonna win

At least this time
There was a longer pause
Now I prepare for another
Tiresome battle
The chasing
Yipping, yapping dogs
Threatening war
In the marble court

I sink down
Into the quiet throne
Watch the flickering light
Gathering my might
Dear God
Keep me strong
To keep up this
Endless fight

Hold back my screams
The nightmarish scenes
Come rushing
I bite my tongue
Feel the steely taste of blood
Just as my knees
Sink in the mud

Good God
Just close the door
I don't know how much
I can take
Not anymore
Let me smell the
Familiar smell of death
Meditate deeper
Catch my breath
And do this again

No comments:

Post a Comment