Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Other Half

He is the heart of me.  Skinny arms wrapping; sloppy kiss love for this proud mommy.  He is my reality running and dancing in his super hero undies.  He is a soft conversation on long morning Sundays.  He comes to me for safety and comfort.  He comes to me with stories so tall making me kneel to his whimsical mind.  He makes me laugh.  He my soul - not just my second half.  He turns to me for reassurance in every fearful occurrence.  We share our dreams in castles by free flowing streams.  Sometimes it's overwhelming - this responsibility.  When the dark night crouches low and I hear him let out a satisfied sigh in his sleep, I realize it's all worth it.  The worry, the angst, the pain of the past;  all wiped clean when I kiss his cherub cheek. 

2 comments:

  1. Tot is so lucky to have such a loving devoted Mommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He demands more time from me (which I do so love). I give my everything.

      Delete