Sunday, August 30, 2015

Ramblings of the Night Before

I was crumpled up on the bedroom floor;
holding my belly and crying out "Dear God. How much more?"
It's the inner, tangled war I rarely discuss.  It turns all my gold
to rust.  My psychosomatic anomaly - where my insides look back
at me like I'm the enemy.  My intestines twist and tangle - creating a
painful strangle.  Every harsh word and every traumatic event seeped
way down deep.  My body's most trusted self defense during a time
when nothing made sense; contract, relax, pull, twist, stretch, block,
pain, pain, pain, numb.  My outer half walks on freely; relishing the
air and sun.  My inner half still wonders and prepares itself - making
ready before any war has begun. It's so like a child that's been beat down.
Intestines crumble in - ready at any given moment for a new trauma to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment