Monday, October 28, 2013

Heaven in Room 521

He held him 10 minutes
The day our son was born
Then left like a vanishing wind.

4 blessed days
3 blessed nights
Alone with my
Precious one
World outside quieted
World inside slowed
Infant son & mother
Alone
In our snow globe.

Delicious, renewing sleep
Watched as nurses
Pampered & fluffed
Listened & watched
In awe
To his breathing
Peaceful sleeping
Inquisitive new eyes seeking.

I had no idea when
The storm would begin
Surely, I knew it would arrive
Sooner
Rather than later
But for those precious days
I was in a peaceful haze
In a hospital with my new son
Heaven
In room 521.

4 comments:

  1. Your poetic words touch my heart and soul as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Barb. That humbles me to the point of tears. Happy tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something unsaid is trying to overpower me through your
    Jottings of room no 521....
    The baby, it's cry and laughter...the silent weeping of a soul...
    I do not know what exactly it is...
    Good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many reach my inner realm. This was written with all the emotions you just described.

      Delete