Friday, August 15, 2014

Pigtails and Smiles

She latched onto me
And I quietly wondered why
Looking me in the eye
As if she already knew
I'm about to begin anew
You better believe I ran from her
Spilling my guts for the
Whole room to see
Sitting on my bench quietly
She came with an army
Good God woman
Let me smoke in peace
Don't make me explain
My inadequacy
Oh, she just smiled
That knowing smile
The others smiling around her
My story was out
Her bottom lip quivered
In a perpetual pout

One sat beside me
Nearly laying her head
On my shoulder
"I do so love the smell.
I quit long ago, but this is nice"

I thought they were quirky
Albeit a little crazy
Smoke rings rising as I grew
More comfortable
I laughed freely
A very weird port hole
Of life
Of love
Of acceptance

Far from where we were
We were now on a
Virtual schoolyard
Them asking
Will you come play with me
Pigtails and smiles
Seeing what I thought
No untouched, clean
Woman could see

No comments:

Post a Comment