Friday, October 10, 2014

The Way of the Day

The pain wracked me
Hacked me
Head splitting in a
Million different pieces
Hasn't happened in a long time
So it caught me off guard
Nodded my head
Bombard

All my anxieties
Lay before me
In all my perplexities
Making my brain hurt
But
I have to work
Plow away
For my checkbook day

It eased
It appeased
Came again with a ferocity
Reminding me of the time
When I was younger
Almost making me sick
Keep walking
Keep talking
Keep smiling
Don't let anyone worry
Hurry
Hurry
Hurry

Afraid to hope
It's the grandest scope
The sledge hammer's about to fall
I just know it
But she sent the message
Then he sent the message
Then another smiled at me
And hope was all I could see

I'm sometimes
My own worst enemy
I fell in my car
So used to the pain
I had to stop to think
Poof!
It was gone
I smiled to myself
And drove away
Thankful for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment