Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mayfair Carnivale

As the sun goes down
the smoky yellow lights
cast shadows on the
prancing clown
Peeping under the tent
with my breath
held in my throat
Inviting me in
the bearded lady
and her trusty goat

An outcast in the real world
here
I am an equal
in an ongoing story
with an ever changing sequel

I hear the distant sound
of the lions roar
Life
no longer
the never ending chore
I let go
Let my emotions flow

He comes out of nowhere
without pretense flair
Pointing to the trapeze
high on ceiling of the tent
I left my fear on the dirt floor
and simply went
I climbed up the ladder
Refusing to look down
at the faceless clown

Hands grasping the bar
feet slipping as I leap
and fly so far
Wind rushing
Mind gushing
He's reaching
and in that moment
I release
A free flow moment
with no net
no trapeze

Suspended in the moment
Weightless and free
he catches me
Clasping my hands
Flying above the
crowded stands
Never minding the
roaring applause
Holding on with a cause
feet plant on the landing
and I feel
life slipping in
in a surreptitious reveal

No comments:

Post a Comment