Saturday, May 16, 2015

My Little Warrior

He's a wise, old
young soul
Plops his little self
next to me
And we both feel whole
Filtering through
all the times he's had
to count his coup
He's had to learn to quick
to pinch the burning wick
He walks through fire
more times than I can count
bravely silencing the hell hound
Still managing to look at me
with glazed-over
innocent eyes
He keeps silent
all he hears
all the lies
Shouting proudly
all the lessons I teach him
of right
of wrong
Bare feet stomping
Sun Dance
Thready prongs in his chest
probing
Little hand reaching up
always the truth
taking
never simply groping
Whether or not your ear is reaching
my boy remains in his teaching
A tribal leader in the making

1 comment:

  1. Love bravely, live bravely, be courageous, there's really nothing to lose. There's no wrong you can't make right again, so be kinder to yourself, you know, have fun, take chances. There's no bounds. See the link below for more info.

    #bravely
    www.ufgop.org



    ReplyDelete