Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Beast in Me

I wickedly laugh
A wicked laugh that
carries on through the night
like a hollow wind
warning of a coming storm

By day
a pastel
girl next door
By night
a funeral garbed
love's death whore

Dear sweet boys
try as they might
but they can't sense
the stinging bite

I lay in wait
the innocent bait
that come closer
not seeing the toxic doser
Showing every
wild card
Laughing in their face
with their loving bard
A shrill shriek
Knowing
they are part of the meek

I was released from my
death pin
and a loving lie
nearly pulled me in
Words
Shredded
Cut
to shards
knowing they're all
just senseless words
but when called into action
they run
and I howl

A ripping howl
that tears through the black
as I stare in
wild wonder
at their
spineless back

And still they claim
to know me
As I quietly
slip away
forgetting their name

I'm a beast
Don't tell me there's love
for it's that very thing
I will ferociously feast
Chew it up
spit it out
a silent shout




No comments:

Post a Comment