Saturday, January 4, 2014

Noticing Changes

He comes later to pick him up and drops him off earlier each time.  Through it all, he has a well rehearsed lie.  I hear it and I see it in his eyes.  The change he can no longer hide.  The thing about me, I learned at a very young age to notice things.  Being an introvert in an extroverted household wasn't always easy, but it sure taught me a lot.  When I stand back and stand quiet, the real persona of the person hiding behind the mask is revealed.  It's only a matter of time.  Change has been slow in the making but it's happening.  I feel stronger everyday. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are winning you war of attrition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Through patience and sheer stubbornness. Or just the will to survive. This has taught me to be VERY patient. I do feel like I'm winning.

      Delete