Friday, June 13, 2014

Dear Phyllis

She didn't like me
I could tell it
Straight away
She summed me up
And bagged me away
In the corner of her
Depressing
Little room
I wanted to laugh
But not to offend
Or condescend
Her cat eyes
Clawing
There was laughter behind
Her hard little front
So I prodded until I
Heard it
I'm stubborn that way
I loved her fight
She said she couldn't walk
So I distracted her with
Simple talk
Until her feet
Carried her
Before she had time to
Question it
We had a silent sparring
Her telling me what family really was
I wanted to shake her
But I didn't have to
I told her of my little
Family of 2
Me and son with eyes of blue
She shuddered
Closed those cat eyes
Dear sweet Phyllis
I hope you're running
All the cantankerous old men away
I hope to meet you again
Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment