Friday, June 13, 2014

The Greatest of Fools

I push them all away
In one form or another
To save them the
Torment of seeing my
Seventh realm Hell
But still they gather
Some quiet
And some
With the loudest chatter
I could not stand to ignore
Truth so sweet in the honesty
I adore
They're the
Greatest of fools
Having themselves
Fallen from the
Tallest stools
I hide in the shadows sometimes
Waiting for them to quietly pass by
Because that's what happens in my life
The hardest goodbye
I can never say
So I wait
But still they stay
Understanding my silence
My painful repentance
Some have seen me cry
Waiting for the day of laughter
Knowing
There'll always be another chapter
I swear
This too
Makes me cry
The most beautiful souls
I've ever met
The greatest of fools
Never shying away from the
Simplest of
How-do-you-do's
That bring me
Back to them
The comforting

No comments:

Post a Comment