Friday, November 8, 2013

The Path is Not Always Straight

If I thought my life would somehow get easier, I was mistaken.  Sounds melodramatic, right?  It's true for all of us.  Life keeps going.  A straight and easy path that's always predictable is not the kind of life I want.  I want the surprises.  I know there will good days and I definitely know there will be bad days.  The path has many twists and turns.  There might even be junctures that lead off that true path.  It's all a lesson.  Inner evaluation always leads us in the right direction.  As long as we're willing to be honest with ourselves.  That's the key.  Not everyone will see your progress.  Some will criticize you.  Keep walking.  The path is narrow.  Don't stop just because you can't see past the bend in the road.  Follow it.  See where it takes you.  What if you do fail or meet the wrong person?  Your past helped paint a picture of what was wrong; what you should walk away from.  It also helps paint more clear a picture of what you do want; what is absolutely right. In this lifetime, we will gain and lose friends.  The "Narrow Path People", as I like to call them, know how important it is to cultivate all aspects of a relationship.  They won't always agree with you but neither will they belittle you in their disagreement. They won't understand completely what it is you might be going through, but they're willing to listen to your perspective.  They may not be able to take away your pain but they share your pain.  The fine art of appreciating empathy and sympathy.  Sometimes it's ok for someone to feel sorry for you.  Even better if they empathize. 

 My life, right now as it stands, is so unpredictable.  A far cry from the dreary predictable world I was living in.  New surprises for new horizons.  I've met a lot of nay-sayers.  I've met the overly judgmental.  Ahh, but I've met some of the most beautiful souls who show me a better perspective. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully composed with a very inspiring message.. So very proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I say that a lot. I just wish there was a word in the English language that denoted the amount of thanks I truly feel of all the support and encouragement you continually offer.

    ReplyDelete