Saturday, May 24, 2014

I'm Gonna...

I'm gonna blast it out
  sometimes
Say things
  the wrong way
I won't always
  walk a straight line

I'm gonna do it
  my way
I know no other way
What else can I say?
No one gave me a
  hand book
    only a criticizing look
I'm gonna scream
  right when you
    you get used to
       my silence
I'm gonna
  sometimes
    shut you out
Because you're
  so damn beautiful
What the hell am I
  supposed to do
    with you?
I could put you on a shelf
  but you deserve more than
    than the gathering dust
If I keep you
   what then?
Will you break
  unexpectedly
Right when I get
  comfortable with
    playing with you?
I'm gonna
  silently
Wait
For the fall out
It's what I'm used to

I'm gonna hold on to
  every damn thing you say
Wondering why you stay
Pray
I'm gonna be needy
I'm fairly greedy
I'm gonna
  need a
Whole lotta reassurance
Emotional insurance
I'm gonna
  make you mad
I've been trained
Deep down
I think I'm stained
I'm gonna
  want you more than
I wanted anything in my whole life
I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment