Sunday, May 11, 2014

Stirring the Pot

She thinks a lot all ready
She really doesn't need any
Help with that
Call to chat
Stir her pot
She mumbles her
Aggression then
Takes it back with
Regression
Oh, but go ahead
Stir her pot
Don't tell her anything
Positive
Talk about the things
She can't forgive
Fugitive
In her own mind
Right before she goes
To bed
Fill her head
With dread
I'm sure that'll help
Put it on a shelf
Wrap it up
Call back when she's
All alone
And drone
Over and over
About all the things
She hates
She waits
Stir
Sir


*I'm sure the conversation could've been more positive - since it is mother's day.  But he couldn't wait.  He had to call tonight and stir my mom up.  I just wish more people would be considerate and learn to keep their mouth shut when they can't say anything nice.  Maybe it's a lesson I also need to learn.  Life does have a funny way.  We can't choose our family.  All the more reason I'm with you now; my poets and friends.  Blood-letting.  Spilling my soul out on this page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment