Monday, November 17, 2014

Calling it a Night

Putting this to bed
All the thoughts in my head
Did I say too much?
Not enough?

Do my words get
jumbled and rattled
in the crook of my throat?

Love
Always a fantasy
Someone else's fairytale
Like a child
I read
Get lost in the fable

Do I have enough?
Am I too damn broken?
Do my thoughts of love
get choked?
Or do I
Unknowingly choke it out?

I'm crumbling
The tumbling
Calling it a night
Always wait
til morning light
Wondering if
everything is really
all right

I'm crumbling
I'm tumbling
Into a bed of dreams
Always a bed of dreams
Cold sheet surround
Where angels always hover
But make no sound

Will I always drift?
Morn to come
More sand to sift?
With the hour glass of time
Dusty in a corner
Mocking my rhyme

2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of your finest works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this in 30 seconds. Literally, right before I went to bed lastnight. I'm tickled pink you like it! Thank you!

      Delete