Friday, November 21, 2014

Six Pence All the Richer

Damn vending machine's
broke again
That hangin' bag of chips
I'm gonna win
Quick flick of my hip
Lickin' my lip
For the salty, sweet treat
I could leave it
But this bag's mine
Stand in line
Raisin' a hand to
the janitor man
Asking
Can you help me
if you can
No I don't want his money
No honey
I all ready put my
shinin' coins in
Janitor man understands
He smiles
Takes his fist
Nice and fat and balled
Punches the machine
Heaven called

Six pence all the richer
I'm no ditch digger
Takin' this life
One stride at a time
No more pennies
Not one more dime
But I got a bag
Half full of air
Salty sweet treat
Without a care
Chomp, chomp
Saunter off back
To my lair
Wave a high five
To the man
With the broom & mop
We both won
We both feel alive



No comments:

Post a Comment