Monday, February 17, 2014

Catching Fire

I stand before it now
Watching this fire
Watch as the flames soar
Higher
Higher

Flashes of my past
Thrown into the fire
Meek girl without a voice
  that curled up broken soul
  shivering and crying
Into the fire she goes
The crackling flames
Burning away woes

Darting eyes
Always fearing being chased
I'll throw those eyes into the flame
Searing with passion I watch
Crimson and blue
Burning away shame

Words from my abuser
Riddled with hate
Tossed into the fire
Sealing his own fate

A naked soul I now stand
Before this flaming glory grand
Feel the heat of the flames
Burn against my skin
Burn new fire into my soul
Feeling the fire within
Passion for the woman
I was meant to become

Into the fire
A girl was thrown
Out of the ashes
A woman was born.

2 comments:

  1. Great poem..Especially the last stanza ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your encouragement always pushes me forward.

      Delete