Thursday, December 26, 2013

Things He Couldn't Take

He took my kisses
Threw them back at me
But he couldn't take my heart
My soul
The very core of me
He silenced my voice
But my hand kept writing
My head a steady stream
Of poetry
My prayers were silenced
He found great joy in that
But God heard anyway
Turning dark dreams into light
He took my body
Only the outer shell
Too shallow to dig deep
Into my wishing well
Afraid of what he'd find
I'm guessing that's his Hell
He took part of my pride
Only a small part
If you're keeping measure
It's my courage
My passion
No one can take
That's the most greatest pleasure
My thoughts were a confused
Stream of his meanderings
The greatest control
He held
Now I'm away from it all
Clearer my thinking
Instead of backed into
My own wailing wall
He never took my hope
My vision of a brighter future
The wounds may be deep
But the scars are all sutured

5 comments:

  1. Your story is and continues to be inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You know I cherish your encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Loredana. Thank you. This is very humbling. I've read a portion of your art. I'm looking forward to reading more. You're an amazing poet and you add very unique art to it. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully written. I have a blog on WordPress and I am putting a link to yours on my page. We are part of a bigger picture and our words need to be shared for all to read. http://bwseekingbl.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Share as you see fit. I want everyone to see.

      Delete