Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Black & White Exposure

Slate-grey clouds marked the
start of this day, but I had to
find out anyway.  My glorified
image of the place - so long held.
I needed closure from a personal
snapshot exposure.

My landscaper friend caught my eye;
so dutiful in his job to externally
beautify.  My mind reverted
back to his happy smiles.
Always cheerful, waving hi,
amidst his leaf piles.  Cheerfully,
he'd ask about my son.
I proudly showed him photos 2 yrs.
ago.  He puffed out his chest,
"Oh.  He's a handsome one."

The smile in his eyes had faded
when I saw him today.
Corporate compliance; financial
restitution - so much change
in that once happy
institution.  There was a day
not that long ago - where workers
could relax and converse.  Today
his boss frowned at the casual,
happy hello.  We both
said goodbye.  Such a sad, final
resolution.  The window in my camera
snapped close.  Snapshot exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment