Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Isolation Nation

I crawled in
Deeper in the dark
Where I thought
No one could see me
Where no one
Would hear me
Hell was following me
I had to close the door
Wanting only to sleep
Forever more

Friends called me out
Into their blinding sunlight
I slunk further and further
Into my shadow
Shock to my system
The light was simply too bright

My mind was screaming
Not wanting them to see
Me
That way
Only a few brave friends knew
Silently agreeing to stay

So
Little by little
They showed me
Smaller pieces of
Their outstanding light
My eyes slowly adjusting
Growing more accustom
To their powerful positive might

One small step
And then another
They patiently waited
Knowing not to smother
Refusing to be completely
Out of my line of sight
They decided to hover
As I
Crawled back out of
Isolation

No comments:

Post a Comment