Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lovely Souls

     2 lovely souls reached out to my twitter account.  It held its own weight tonight because it's been a while since that has happened.  Or maybe I honestly am becoming more relaxed in my healing.  2 completely different women.  One middle-aged hailing from Ireland.  The other in her early 20's in the U.S.  The abuse survivor from Ireland had in her bio "There are many of us."  That tore right through me.  I tried to link up to her blog.  It's now under strict lock-down.  She mentioned on twitter that that was the "2nd time" she's had to do that and that "It will remain private and blocked."  Or something to that effect.  I immediately understood why.  I can't imagine finally having the freedom to maintain a blog to share deep, honest emotion - only to have to keep it under lock-down out of fear of what her abuser (or whoever) might think or say.  The 2nd survivor couldn't have been more bright and completely fresh.  She caught me off-guard.  You know why?  We're in a similar healing stage.  Her smile is so much more genuine and bright.  And out of the 2, she was so open and honest. 
     It struck home to me tonight.  A night when the moon is so full in its clear sky.  There are so many of "us." Survivors.  I'm so proud of the ones who wear their proverbial badge of honor and step out in the light to sweep away the dark shadows of this subject.  We hail from all over the world with no regard to status or class.  One "princess" from India contacts me irregularly.  Reminding me. Not that I need to be reminded.  She simply "enjoys" my freedom to openly talk about it. Her freedom of expression is limited, to say the least.  But she's on twitter.  Posting her spiritually charged posts.  Always with a well-placed and well thought out underlying message that perhaps some might overlook.  Simple and poignant, all at the same time.  They read my twitter feed.  They read my blog posts.  Not to sound smug in any way.  It's extremely humbling.  Lovely souls.  Surviving and reaching out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment